Jury Verdicts and Settlements
- $2.3 Million dollar judgment on behalf of employee who sued for retaliation based upon complaints of illegal workplace activities, retaliation for having filed a worker’s compensation claim, and handicap discrimination. Sommese v. C&S Wholesale Grocers
- $2.25 Million dollar verdict on behalf of a Matawan police dispatcher who sued his employer for handicap discrimination. Holden v. Borough of Matawan
- $704,800 verdict on behalf of Monmouth County resident who sued employer for retaliation for having reported alleged illegal workplace activities. Roach v. TRW, Inc.
- $225,000 settlement on behalf of an individual who sued the New Jersey State Police for race discrimination and racial profiling. Grant v. New Jersey State Police.
- $150,000 settlement on behalf of Monmouth County woman who sued her employer for race discrimination. Smith v. Lundgren.
- $130,000 jury verdict in favor of appliance salesperson who was subjected to discrimination and wrongfully terminated on account of his age. Keene v. Sears Roebuck & Co.
- $96,000 jury verdict in favor of female public health inspector who was subjected to handicap discrimination and constructive discharge (forced resignation). Hansen v. Middlesex County Public Health Department.
- $75,000 settlement on behalf of a female employee who sued her employer for sexual harassment by a female supervisor after she rejected the supervisor’s advances. Trent v. Monmouth County
Mr. Schaer also served as second chair counsel in the following cases:
- $875,000 jury verdict for female airline pilot subjected to sexual harassment, hostile work environment and gender discrimination. Blakey v. Continental Airlines, Inc.
- $425,000 jury verdict for female investigator who was subjected to gender discrimination. Coleman v. Kaye, 87 F.3d 1491 (3d Cir. 1996)
- $141,493 jury verdict for police officer who was denied promotion after reporting unsafe working conditions. Moody v. Township of Marlboro.
- $140,000 jury verdict for employee who was subjected to retaliation for reporting sexual harassment of female co-worker. Romano v. Brown and Williamson Tobacco Corp.